Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mother's Day Zach Attack

Zach Attacks!

My Zach age 12 passed away May 11th 2013, Mother’s Day weekend. It was just like another cruel joke. I was mad, I questioned everything. We knew he was going to pass away but did it have to be on Mother’s Day? Was God punishing me? Was I not a good mom? Really God, every-year I had to remember I lost the best kid in the whole-wide world on the day that I was to be showered by love, and flowers, brunches and homemade gifts that the kids made in school. Instead I would relive the day that my heart was ripped away from me over and over. Mother’s Day is a day that as a mom you get to feel appreciated, that you are celebrated for that crazy job of being a mom.

This year Zach’s one year anniversary of his death falls on Mother’s Day. A Mother’s Day that I need to try and make good. Not just for me, but for my 5 year old Sydney and my 12 year old step-son Carson. I need to show them that a day is what you make it. That in any situation you can make a really bad day into something good. That to celebrate someone’s life you do it by giving back. That you have to make something “Good” out of the “Bad”. We choose to do that at Christmas time by buying two floors at Children’s Hospital gifts for Christmas. We called it a “Zach Attack”. We choose to do this throughout the year by “Zach Attacking” random strangers in coffee lines, or grocery stores and we are choosing to do it this year for Mother’s Day by providing amazing gift baskets full of love to every mom at our local Children’s Hospital. They will be getting blankets, and gift cards, and best of all they will be getting an amazing book called “Carry on Warrior” By Glennon Doyle Melton. A book that I believe every mom should have a chance to read, a book that explains it all; that you have to find the Brutiful in the life God gave to you.

  I believe we are doing that by carry on Zach’s legacy. This amazing boy was loved by so many that when I call out to people that we are doing a huge Zach Attack they come running and wanting to help! My heart heals a tiny bit every time I hear of someone doing something good in the name of my Zach. Nothing is ever going to take my heartache away, I miss him. I love him and life is cruel. But if I don’t find the good in this somewhere it will eat me away. It will take over my life and I know Zach does not want that, and neither do I. Zach’s life has meaning, we were supposed to do something with it. I want to bring good to the world through Zach, and I guess I would like to see where the Zach Attacks can go. I lost Zach Mother's Day weekend for a reason, I would like to think it's because I get to remember every Mother's Day that I was a mom to an amazing kid, but maybe it's also so I can remember all the other mom's that need a little joy in their life too. Mother's Day is a tough Holiday when your heart is breaking or broken. Will you help me with this “Zach Attack”?

I need your help! Every state has a Children's Hospital, Every State has a mom (or even a caregiver) that will be with their child on Mother's Day. They will be sitting in the hospital grieving for their sick child. And I know there are mom’s in every state that can show these mom’s how loved they are, that they are not alone. That they have a world praying for them, grieving for them and loving them! I would love if maybe they could buy a gift certificate to a pizza place that delivers, give them Glennon's book, buy them a parking pass because chances are they are paying big bucks to park their damn car while they sit with their sick child in a hospital. I know one act of kindness turns into another act of kindness, and that one act of kindness that you do can change a life. In the meantime the boy with the best smile in the whole wide world has a legacy that will grow. We will turn something so brutal into beautiful. Will you please help me with this latest “Zach Attack?”

I know we already have an amazing Zach Attack coming along here for our Gillette Children's Hospital. We have an amazing 31 Large Utility Tote Filled with a Blanket, Gift Cards to Pizza Luce, and an ITunes Gift Card. Water Tumbler's and jewelry and Spa Products. This Zach Attack is filled with LOVE, and we will show those caregiver's they are not alone, that they are loved and cared about. And the Best Part is.... It's all because of a boy with the best smile in the whole wide world "Our Zach Attack!"


With Faith Comes Hope,
Rachele


2 comments: